Your source for found Triangle Rocks

11.14.2006

Kitchen


Guache
8"x11"

To purchase email collinjanke@hotmail.com

I am reading a book called the "Daily Practice of Painting" writings between 1962-1993 by Gerhard Ricther
He says a lot of paradoxical statements which has the effect of describing contemporary painting very specifically.

He is in an interveiw and is asked:
"Do you take the view that art and painting are becoming superfluous, because what is needed now is direct social and political involvement? Some artists have regarded this as sufficient reason to throw away thier brushes.
Certainly not. Eating doesn't become unimportant, making love doesn't become unimportant. All children paint, all Lunatics paint, for me there is no future in giving that up. Not becuase I am sick, or becuase I want to make money at it-painting has become the thing that makes my life possible."

-Gerhard Richter