Your source for found Triangle Rocks

11.18.2006

Double Tree


Water Color
4"x4"


I painted this painting in forest park, an amazing place where I go to as frequently as possible. There are two simular trees because I was thinking about how the patterning of the branches seemed so similar but chaotic. To simplify painting it on paper I just decided to literally paint the tree twice to start a pattern. I am also interested in copies, and reproduction, both mechanical, and sexual. Miranda says "The reason men make art is so that they can reproduce"...
Painting and copies have an interesting relationship. There are strong associations with painting being original and or unique...In a different vein, copying and mimicry is a very good way to learn, which is how many people learn to make paintings. Something to consider.