Your source for found Triangle Rocks

12.09.2006

Yamhill.no.1


Acrylic on Plexiglass
14x13.75
NFS

A painting of The new studio on Yamhill! I need to give a shout out to Taggart and Jenny for so kindly letting me paint in their sun room for the winter. Thankyou. When winter came last year I exclusivley turned to drawing with charcoal on paper. This winter agian I have done away with color. It is hard to say for sure if this is becuase of the season (seceretly I think it is). During the winter time I make reductive decisions. Spaces that I paint are internal ones. Naturally it is a time to hibernate. However this does not mean it is a time to be lazy. There is a lot of work to be done. Mostly with trimming away excess habits, and patterns and laying the foundation for a new path. For me Winter is the time for building a foundation. Ideally only traces from the last series of paintings should linger. Upon reflection during fall I became lost, and confused enough about painting that I can finally continue again with a new project.
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand. (chinese proverb)